Jobs in Azusa, CA
- 353,187 Resumes
- 35,265 Jobs Available
- 48,799 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Azusa is located in Los Angeles County, California. It is part of the scenic San Gabriel Valley. The population as of the 2010 census was 46,361. It is one of the cities on the historical highway of Route 66 and is home to many prestigious educational institutions such as Azusa Pacific University. When you want to find jobs in Azusa you'll want to know more about the economic outlook of the area. Keep reading to find out more including job prospects and average salaries.
Azusa and Los Angeles County have seen economic growth within recent years that makes for a promising job hunt. For example, the unemployment rate in Los Angeles has dropped from 8.2 to 5.3 between the years of 2014 and 2015. This means that the unemployment rate in Los Angeles County matches that of the low national unemployment rate of 5.3%. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the biggest industries within the area are financial, professional and business services, and education and health services. Leisure and hospitality and government follow these. The occupations within Los Angeles County that have the most employees are retail salespersons, office clerks, and cashiers. The weekly wage in Los Angeles County is $736.40 while the national average is $1,048.
While you're trying to find jobs in Azusa you need to make sure your resume is top-notch. This is a crucial part of job-hunting for any area. Take a second to refresh yourself on these top five resume tips.
1. Quantify when it's possible. It's important for you to use numbers to showcase your accomplishments, such as the percentage of increased sales under your management or the amount of people you have supervised.
2. Don't list experience that isn't relevant unless you don't have much experience. For example, if you're applying for the medical field you don't need to emphasize your retail experience unless you want to include your transferrable skills.
3. Try to condense your resume to one page. If you have a lot of experience then you can utilize full two pages. If your information goes slightly beyond one page it's a good idea to scale it back to one page.
4. Try to build your own resume. Using templates is okay for a start but you may want try making your own design that doesn't look like everyone else's.
5. Use bullet points to make sure your resume is reader-friendly. Bullet points are a great way to list specific skills and tasks you have completed. It's often more readable than paragraphs.
Finding jobs in Azusa is made easier by taking action. When you follow the following five tips you'll find the job hunt easier.
1. Networking is key. Connecting with the right people is crucial to a successful job hunt. Using your personal network and social media sites will assist you in getting connected with potential employers. Getting a good job often comes down to knowing the right people.
2. Keep up with career resources and professional journals. It helps to keep up with newest information and advice from professionals.
3. Attend job fairs. These often happen at local universities or places of employment. Keep an eye out for when job fairs are happening in your area. These are a great way to meet potential employers and apply for jobs on the spot.
4. Be persistent. One of the crucial keys to successful job hunting is resilience. Don't give up just because you run into a few dead ends.
5. Prepare yourself mentally. A big part of having a successful job hunt is having the right mindset. Staying positive and building consistent habits is a great way to make sure your job hunt goes well.