Jobs in Arlington Heights, IL
- 114,843 Resumes
- 35,237 Jobs Available
- 76,024 Population
- $69,000 Average Salary
Arlington Heights is a suburb of Chicago that can be found about 25 miles north of downtown. There are about $76,000 residents in the city, or village, as the residents would call it. They even have a village hall instead of a city hall. Arlington heights is known for its eclectic variety of food. This includes Italian, Greek, Mexican, Irish and Greek food.
Common jobs in Arlington Heights include customer service representatives and sakes representatives. Retail sales and helpdesk support are both positions that are hiring new employees on a regular basis. There are more than 1,000 different businesses looking for new employees every day, on average. You can usually find jobs in transportation, customer service or sales.
When you submit your applications, make sure you turn in a resume, too. If you aren’t sure how to write a resume, here are some tips that you need to know.
1. Start with a compelling summary. Your summary should introduce yourself with your professional title and how much experience you have doing that job. Next, you want to explain what you can do for the company and why. Summarize your experience and some important accomplishment.
2. The second thing that you want to list in your resume is your skills. Your skills should highlight important aspects of your personality, education and training. The skills should pertain to the job. Don’t choose skills that you won’t even use at your job. Such as computer skills when you don’t work with computers.
3. Make your resume section headings stand out. They should be written in a larger and a bolded font. This allows them to be easily seen, so it isn’t confusing where the different sections begin and end. Using borders around the section headers will help, too.
4. Use bullets for the lists that you make. You should use lists in your skills section, your previous employment and any other information that you are sharing. The only section that needs to be written in complete sentences is the summary.
5. Make sure you list previous employment on your resume. There should be at least seven years of employment on your resume, and it should begin with the current or most recent.
You will find a job that you love in Arlington Heights as long as you work hard and don’t give up. If you have any issues finding a job, here are some tips that you should know.
1. Make finding a job a full time job. If you are unemployed, you should hit the pavement first thing in the morning and job search through dinner time. First, pick up all your applications. Don’t fill them out there. Drop them all off later after taking your time with them.
2. Use many resources. One great way to look for a job is with the internet. You can use Facebook to browse businesses and get an idea about who is hiring. Linkedin is more efficient. Businesses post job recruitments and even look for employees right on the social media site. Temp agencies are also a great way to get a job. You just give them your information and they set you up with a temporary job that you’re qualified to do.
3. Follow up on all of your applications. When you apply, your application or resume can sit for weeks before it is seen. By then, the job might even be filled. Make sure you call your potential employers and talk to them about your application.
4. Know your worth when you are interviewing for different positions. Often, you will be asked how much money you are planning to make. Pick a number that is both fair to you and your potential employer. Often, they’ll respect you enough to come close to it if you have the experience to back it up.
5. Know what the companies are all about when you go to interview. If they ask what you can do for the company or why you want to work for them, you’ll need a little information to back up your answer.