Jobs in Apple Valley, MN
- 193 Resumes
- 2,342 Jobs Available
- 50,487 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Located in Dakota County, part of the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metropolitan area, the sixteenth largest metropolitan area in the U.S., Apple Valley presents plenty of job opportunities associated with the Twin Cities. Dakota County itself is the third most populous county in the state of Minnesota. When looking for jobs in Apple Valley it is important to research the opportunities that exist within the area.
The Minneapolis-Saint Paul Metropolitan area, and especially Dakota County, has seen positive numbers when it comes to job growth and unemployment rates. Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rates in Dakota County have stayed put at 2.8 percent, while the rest of the country has dropped from 5.5 percent to 4.8 percent. Trade, transportation, and utilities is the highest area of employment, with professional and business services ranking number two. Education and health services, government, and manufacturing jobs round out the top 5, respectively. Retail salespersons and personal care aides are the top two occupations in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metropolitan area. Average weekly wages in the area are $1,196, compared to the national average of $1,048.
Your resume sets the table for every other aspect of your job search. Ultimately, it’s what gets you in the door. When seeking jobs in Apple Valley, be sure to do everything it takes to create the perfect resume. Here are some do’s and don’ts you can use to help.
1. Do carefully proofread your resume. Simple mistakes that go overlooked can make or break your chance at landing an interview.
2. Do make sure your resume is sharply focused. The hiring manager reading your resume should be able to tell quickly exactly what you’re skills are and why you’re right for the job.
3. Do use bullets to make your resume concise and easy to read.
4. Don’t list your high school education, unless you are still a teenager.
5. Don’t place emphasis on older experiences. If a job is more than fifteen years old, keep it as simple as possible.
Searching for jobs in Apple Valley is no different than it would be anywhere else. There are actions to be taken that can increase your chances of landing the job you want, and these tips can help.
1. Market yourself as the strongest candidate. Employers want a person who can increase revenues and / or decrease costs. Let them know that you are more than capable of giving them what they want. Use examples when / if possible.
2. You are the one driving the job search. You, and only you, are in control of your job search, so take responsibility for every decision you do or don’t make along the way, because you are the one who either reaps the rewards or pays the price.
3. Explore your options. Set up informational interviews, talk with someone in the field of work for which you are applying, and utilize career resources that increase your knowledge on said field.
4. Seek help where possible. Career counselors, assessments and other tools are readily available and can help you bolster your skills, making you a stronger candidate for the job.
5. Be persistent. Now more than ever there is a plethora of ways in which you can find and apply for jobs (social media, websites, career fairs, etc. ), so be sure to utilize everything that’s at your disposal when searching for employment.