Jobs in Anderson Township, OH
- 113,814 Resumes
- 4,397 Jobs Available
- 43,761 Population
- $54,000 Average Salary
Anderson Township, Ohio is located twenty minutes outside of downtown Cincinnati and has been named one of the best places to live in the area. The township has multiple large companies in the area including the second-largest Kroger store and the Belterra Park Gaming and Entertainment Center. After you understand the area’s strong residential and business standing, you can more easily find available jobs in Anderson Township when you come to understand the economic job market, average salaries and the job prospects of the area.
Anderson Township is located in Hamilton County, which has a low level of unemployment compared to the national average. The township has had a decrease in unemployment from 4.6% in 2014 down to 4.2% in 2015. These unemployment levels are lower than the national average of 5.3%. The top five employers in the area are trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, education and health services, government and manufacturing. Trade, transportation and utilities showed the greatest increase in employment of 4.6% from 2014 to 2015. The most frequent jobs in the area are office and administrative support occupations, sales and related occupations and food preparation and serving related occupations. The average weekly wage for the jobs in Anderson Township is $929. This is lower than the national average of $1,046.
Similar to other locations in the United States, a great resume is critical to a successful job search. No matter your industry, experience and overall career goals, the following points will help you to improve your resume.
1. Do not include long paragraphs or lines of text in your resume. These are harder to read and more easily skipped over by hiring managers.
2. Carefully proofread your resume so that the grammar and word choice is correct. Simple errors can affect your standing in the estimation of an employer.
3. In general, keep your resume to two pages or shorter. The more concise your resume, the easier that hiring managers will locate your qualifications.
4. Focus on describing your accomplishments and not just your job responsibilities. Your accomplishments will show that you were successful at your previous job.
5. Utilize bullet points to make your resume as easy to read as possible. These are great to use in the work experience section, but only include a few bullet points per heading.
When you understand how to correctly plan your job search, you will be much more effective in finding the right job. The following five tips will help you to increase the efficiency of finding the best jobs in Anderson Township.
1. Constantly seek to increase your network. A network is a powerful tool to connect you to some of the best job options.
2. Share your resume online using social media and other job sites. A lot of recruiters use these sites to find candidates for available jobs.
3. Be in charge of your job search. You need to take responsibility and initiative and have confidence in your ability to be successful.
4. Make sure to have quantitative measures of your success ready to share with employers. Hiring managers like to be able to measure and have proof of your previous successes.
5. Make sure to follow up quickly to all inquiries from hiring managers. When employers take time to contact you, you can know that you have a great opportunity to impress them.