Jobs in Amarillo, TX
- 307,013 Resumes
- 1,809 Jobs Available
- 197,254 Population
- $66,000 Average Salary
As the biggest city in the Texas panhandle with a population of over 190,000 residents, the city of Amarillo is the central hub of north Texas commerce and industry. The city offers many employment opportunities in a wide range of businesses. The city also has a number of historic buildings and has gone through a revitalization of the downtown area. The following information will help anyone looking for employment in the city of Amarillo.
Amarillo has a currently unemployment rate of 2.7%, well below the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. The most in demand jobs in the city of Salem are in the fields of Retail Sales, General Office Clerks and Staff, Registered Nursing, Truck Drivers and housekeepers and janitorial services. Five of the most in demand positions with the most percentage of growth in Amarillo include:1. Public Relations and Sales Managers2. Transportation Managers3. Food Service Managers4. Management Analysts5. Market Research Analysts
When you are looking for work in Amarillo or anywhere else, pay attention to your job search skills and make them more effective byy including some simple steps. Here are five easy tips that will help you create an effective job search.
1. Learn to NetworkWhen you enlist people to spread the word and help you, it can make for a more effective job search. Never ignore the people around you. They may know someone that just happens to be hiring or can put you in contact with someone who can help you spread the word and get you hired.
2. Improve yourself. Employers are impressed when people take the initiative to improve their job skills on their own time.
3. What is your plan?Set daily goals so you can measure the progress of your job search.
4. Know your Business. Do you know what is required of the position you are applying for. It will improve your job search if you can show the employer that you know what it is they are hiring you to do.
5. Mock Interview. Have a friend or family member interview you. By practicing, it can help you to remove the interview nervousness.
With a low unemployment rate and a growing population, there are plenty of opportunities in Amarillo for job seekers. When you are looking for work, having a well-written resume and job search plan can help you get the position you want. Take some time to research how to make your resume more effective and find out what employers are looking for in employees. If a lack of education or limited work experience have held you back in the past, they do not need to be the deciding factors in getting a job. Here are five tips to creating a very effective resume:
1. Focus on the PositiveKnow what your strengths are. When you present a positive, confident image on your resume, employers can sense that characteristic in you. They are looking for not only people who can do the job, but people who have a positive outlook. Hiring managers look for people who have a can do attitude and believe they can do anything the job entails.
2. Be ConciseDon't fill your resume up with lots of unimportant information. The resume is only designed to get you the interview. The rest is up to you.
3. Make it an Effective Tool. Your resume can be an important tool in your job search. A well researched and properly designed resume can get the employers attention and encourage them to call you in for an interview. Always make sure your contact information is listed near the top.
4. Put yourself in the Employers Shoes. When you write your resume, write it as if you are the hiring manager. What would you need to hear to hire someone? What makes you special enough to hire?
5. Check for ErrorsWhen your resume is filled with bad grammar and spelling mistakes, it can make you look sloppy and inattentive. Employers want to know that they can depend on you to do the job right and correct mistakes.