Jobs in Altamonte Springs, FL
- 229,921 Resumes
- 23,369 Jobs Available
- 42,225 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Located in Seminole County, the city of Altamonte Springs, Florida, offers access to jobs in the Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford Metropolitan Statistical Area. Altamonte Springs has a population of about 41,496 residents, according to the 2010 U.S. Census. Get a view of the economic outlook, such as average salaries and job prospects, which can help find jobs in Altamonte Springs.
Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in Seminole County declined from 5.3 percent to 4.4 percent, a figure lower than the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the leisure and hospitality sector employs the largest number of people in the Orlando area. The trade, transportation and utilities sector ranks as the second highest area of employment followed by professional and business services. The largest occupations in the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford area are retail salespersons, followed by customer service representatives. The average weekly wage in Seminole County is $826 while the average weekly wage is the United States is $1,048.
When it comes to tracking jobs in Altamonte Springs, your resume is your personal brand. Use the following advice to make it attention-grabbing.
1. Use a branding statement that identifies the position or job that you are seeking. Let your audience know what makes you different and distinctive, along with your accomplishments.
2. Including a summary or a profile section informs recruiters and hiring managers of who you are and what you are able to contribute. Make sure it’s a concise, short paragraph that communicates your strengths and skills.
3. Use keywords to help employers find your resume in databases. Words that describe your job titles, skills, responsibilities, school names, company names, and job-specific terms make good keyword choices.
4. List transferrable skills and give examples of how you used those skills. Portray the skills so that they support what you want to do.
5. When listing education and experience on your resume, list your education experience first if you are currently a college student. If you have been working, your work experience takes precedence over your education. Once you have been working 12-18 months, your experience should be listed ahead of your education.
Finding jobs in Altamonte Springs takes a mixture of using job-seeking tips and having a positive attitude. The following advice can help you score your next position in the current job market.
1. Create a job search plan. Search for jobs through all available resources, from electronic job search tools and websites to newspaper ads and in-person job fairs.
2. Identify your skills, values and interests and attend job search training sessions hosted by support groups, job clubs, or your local library. Take assessment tests and prepare your resume.
3. Networking is critical. Use social media websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to let people in your social networks that you are searching for a job. Talk to all your connections, including your friends, family, neighbors, and former colleagues and classmates.
4. Be proactive and persistent in your job search. Research possible employers, read professional journals, and consult career resources. You can even set up information interviews to learn more about a company, a job, and career options.
5. Remain positive and stay in touch with trusted people to talk about your feelings and concerns. Reduce stress by keeping up with activities you enjoy and exercise. Eat right and sleep well.