Jobs in Alpharetta, GA
- 486 Resumes
- 33,138 Jobs Available
- 63,038 Population
- $73,000 Average Salary
Alpharetta, Georgia is located just north of the booming city known as the capital of the southeast, Atlanta. As a suburb of Atlanta in northern Fulton County, Alpharetta has a population of around 57,551, according to the 2010 census. Housing many companies, industries, and various headquarters within its borders, Alpharetta is a major hub for commerce and business activity. As such, it is an excellent place to seek out jobs. Continue on to get the scoop on the job market and current economy of the area, along with handy tips for finding jobs in Alpharetta.
Because of its close proximity to Atlanta, much of the recent economic success of Georgia’s capital has rubbed off on Alpharetta. Fulton County’s unemployment rate is 5.6%, just slightly higher than the national average of 5.3%. Trade, transportation, and utilities companies are king when it comes to the number of jobs in a particular industry. Professional and business services, which are on the rise, and government make up the second and third busiest sectors. Education and health and leisure and hospitality round out the top five biggest areas of employment. The most common professions are in retail sales, physical labor, which includes stockers and movers, and customer service. While the national average weekly wage is $1,048, the average for the Alpharetta area is $1,131.
Finding jobs in Alpharetta can be something of a lost cause without a resume. Fortunately, perfecting your resume is a main ingredient in putting your finger on the ideal job. With the following advice, yours is sure to stand out from the crowd.
1. Don’t underestimate your experience. Even if you’re switching careers or fresh out of college, you can find relevant skills and achievements to fill a resume.
2. Concoct several different versions of your resume according to the job you are applying for. One might highlight your people skills while the other shows off your tech prowess.
3. In this job market, skills that transfer smoothly from job to job are important. Emphasize these in your resume.
4. Find a resume template that is specific to your industry, such as digital marketing, graphic design, or teaching.
5. List your employment information in order: job title, dates of employment, accomplishment list, company description, and reporting relationships.
If you are on the hunt for jobs in Alpharetta, some of the best things you can do to aid your search are listed below. You are sure to be successful eventually if you keep these strategic tips in mind.
1. Don’t start without a plan. Sit down and work out a written strategy for your job search. What are you looking for? Where are you going to begin looking? Make your objectives clear.
2. Use the area’s resources to your advantage. With such a large and thriving city around you, you have access to many employment and career centers that will help you.
3. Take a lead and run with it. When you get a job lead that sounds promising, follow it to the max. Don’t give up on anything until you are given a final answer.
4. Take whatever time you might have between jobs to reflect on yourself and your ultimate career goals. You might find yourself open to new possibilities and new professional paths.
5. Ace your interview. Show up not only with some background knowledge about your employer, but with creative, original answers to the questions you know you’ll get asked.