Jobs in Allen Park, MI
- 89,655 Resumes
- 19,005 Jobs Available
- 27,566 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Allen Park, a suburb of Detroit, is located in the center of Wayne County, Michigan. This area is known for being part of the American automotive industry. Home to many of the corporate offices of the Ford Motor Company, this region offers a variety of choices for those who are seeking jobs in Allen Park. Learn more about this community and how its ripe job market.
Wayne County, which is part of the greater Detroit metropolitan area, has continued to experience growth in several industries. From December 2014 to November 2015 the unemployment rate for the Detroit area fell to 5.2 percent, lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. Professional and business services employ the most people in Detroit, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Coming in second are trade, transportation and utilities, and the third largest sector for employment are education and health services. However, the two largest growing industries from November 2014 to November 2015 were mining, logging and construction and financial activities, growing 6.4 percent and 5.3 percent respectively. In the Detroit area, retail salespersons make up the largest occupation. Other occupations that employ a large amount of people include team assemblers, from the manufacturing industry, office clerks and registered nurses. The average weekly wage in Wayne County is $1,059, which is slightly higher than the national average of $1,048.
No matter how you decide to go about finding jobs in Allen Park, your resume is the key document that represents you. It is imperative to get your resume right, so that you can get closer to job success.
1. Consider creating your own resume from scratch rather than using a template. Your goal is to get your resume to stand out, and if it looks different than all of the others, it has a higher chance of that.
2. Be sure to be honest on your resume. You should never add education or experiences that are not true. Hiring managers will verify information you supply, and you risk losing a job offer if you embellish your accomplishments.
3. Think about creating a specific resume catered to the job or industry you’re seeking employment with. Research the skills needed for the job you want, and make sure your experience in your resume matches the job description for jobs in Allen Park.
4. Make sure you proofread your resume carefully before sending it out to companies. This is the first impression of you a company gets, and if there are mistakes, your resume could end up in the trash.
5. Try to relax if your resume goes over the standard one page that everyone is so accustomed to. For those individuals with lengthy experiences, two pages can be acceptable.
Finding jobs in Allen Park doesn’t have to be frustrating. With the right attitude and positive outlook, successfully landing the right job will happen. Here are some tips to get you started.
1. Analyze your skills and qualifications. If your experience or education is not sufficient, take steps to sharpen your skills or take class or two to give yourself an edge in the job-hunting process.
2. Network. Reach out to friends, former coworkers or neighbors and spread the word about your job search. Get in touch with local social and networking groups and attend events to try to expand your network.
3. Use social media to your advantage. Analyze your networks and research a potential employer’s social media profiles. Share content and information with companies you’re interested in learning more about.
4. Find job boards on the Internet and upload your resume online. Learn about online communities in your industry and seek out niche groups or blogs that help get the word out about possible jobs in Allen Park.
5. Be persistent. Finding the right job might take some time. There may be times when you’ve done everything right, but you don’t get hired. Don’t give up. The perfect job is out there for you.